We will visit in Tirana:
- The Statue of Gjergj Kastrioti – Scanderbeg
- Tabakeve’s bridge
- Palace of Culture
- Mosque of Haxhi Et’hem Bey Sahati (Clock) Tower
- Panoramic tour of Tirana
We will visit in Kruja:
- The Castle
- The Scanderbeg’s Museum
- The Old Bazaar
We will visit in Shkodra:
- Rozafa Fortress
- The Catholic Church
- Ethnographic museum
We will visit in Durres:
- The Amphitheater
- The Roman Thermal Baths
- The City walls from Byzantium time
- The Citadel ( Rotonda , Torre )
- Panoramic tour of Durres
We will visit in Korca:
- National Museum of Medieval Art
- The house of the painter Vangjush Mio and his gallery
We will visit in Elbasan:
- Castle of Elbasan
We will visit in Berat:
- The Fortress
- The Onufri’s Museum
- The Leaden Mosque, King’s Mosque
- Bachelor’s Mosque & Alvati Teke
We will visit in Gjirokastra:
- The Fortress
- Zekati house
We will visit in Fier:
- Encircling Wall , Odeon & Portic
- Mosaics, amphitheatre
- Nympheum ( monumental fountain )
- Stoa , canals structure , gymnasium
Services : Hotels
- Tirana : Mak Tirana hotel & Tower 4*+ – 2 nights
- Shkodra : Colosseo hotel 4* – 1 night
- Korca : Life Gallery hotel 4*+ – 1 night
- Berat : Magalemi hotel 4* – 1 night
- Gjirokastra : Argjiro hotel 4* – 1 night
- 3 Lunches included in the program
Our professional guide will meet the group at the airport. After border formalities departure to Tirana, the capital. On the way a short information about the program. This afternoon we will start with Tirana’s sightseeing of the most important objects. Accommodation, Dinner overnight at hotel.Free time to explore the city on your own.
Tirana – The capital of Albania from 1920 enjoys a beautiful setting between the ranges of Dajti Mountain from one side and the coastal plains on the other one. Tirana is 110 m above sea level. It is relatively a new city in respect with old cities of Albania , dating from 1st century BC. The average annual temperatures are in July 24°C and in January 7°C. Tirana’s city superficies is 31 km 2. Tirana is the main political, economical & cultural center of Albania.
This morning after the breakfast we will pay a visit to Kruja to see this important medieval city in the history of Albania.
Kruja – The historic town of Kruja is located 30 km far from Tirana, 45 Km from Durres & 20 minutes by car from the international Airport of Rinas. The town of Kruja rises 560 meters above sea level, on the slopes of Sari -Salltiku Mountain. It provides to the visitors the great view of majestic landscape and a rich collection of historical and cultural objects. The most important is the castle of Kruja, which was built during the 5th and 6th centuries and has an elliptical shape – This morning after the breakfast we will pay a visit to Kruja to see this important medieval city in the history of Albania
Kruja – The historic town of Kruja is located 30 km far from Tirana, 45 Km from Durres & 20 minutes by car from the international Airport of Rinas. The town of Kruja rises 560 meters above sea level, on the slopes of Sari -Salltiku Mountain. It provides to the visitors the great view of majestic landscape and a rich collection of historical and cultural objects. The most important is the castle of Kruja, which was built during the 5th and 6th centuries and has an elliptical shape with a total area of 2.25 hectares. The surrounding walls are reinforced by nine towers, which served as an observation and signaling post during times of war with Ottoman Empire. Within the walls of the castle there can still be found the remains of a few houses. After the tour in Kruja, transfer to Shkodra. Lunch will be served at a nice private restaurant in a countryside restaurant.
Shkodra – It is the most important city in the Northern part of Albania. It was known as an old artisan center, as well road and river junction with a considerable transit trade. Shkodra, formerly Scutari, is the third largest town in Albania. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe, having been in the 3rd century B.C. The capital of Illyrian Kingdom of the Ardian, whose queen was the Legendary Teuta. It is situated near the lake sharing the same name and along the road leading to Montenegro. It is an ancient city with a rich history; one can find old characteristic houses where wood and other traditional motifs are used. Near the city of Shkodra there is a castle of Rozafa, built on a rocky hill from where you can see attractive and beautiful views.
Tonight’s dinner will be served in a private restaurant with local food.
– Breakfast will be served at the hotel. Departure to Berat through Durres. On the way visit of Durres
Durres – One of Albania’s oldest cities, the country’s main sea port, the second largest industrial center after Tirana. Durres lies on a small peninsula on the coast of the Adriatic sea. The city was colonized by the Greeks in 627 B.C. It was named Epidamnos, which later became Dyrrachium. From the Venetian Tower at the harbor the Medieval Town Wall leads to the amphitheater (capacity 15,000 spectators) dating back to the 2nd century AD. and containing an early Christian Crypt with a rare wall mosaic. Between the 1st and 3rd centuries Durres was an important port and trading center on the Via Egnatia trading route between Rome and Byzantium (Istanbul. Today the city is well known for the nearby beach resort of Durres Plazh, its wonderful sand and warm sea water. Time at leisure. In the afternoon departure to Berat.
Berat – It is known as the “City of one thousand windows” and is declared a Museum City”. Berat, overshadowed to the east by Tomorr Mountain 2415 m, and is an ancient Illyrian settlement founded in the 4th & 5th centuries B.C. on the territory of the Illyrian tribe of Desarettes. The town is composed of 3 parts; Gorica, situated on the far side of the river; Mangalem, situated on the fortress side of the river and the Residential quarter within the fortress known as KALAJA. The old part of the city has some religious buildings like mosque and Byzantine churches. The old name of the city was Antipatrea.
Dinner will be served at Castle Park restaurant with local traditional food. Accommodation & overnight in Berat.
– After breakfast departure to Gjirokastra. On the way the visit of Ardenica Monastery & Archaeological site of Apolonia.
Archaeological site of Apolonia is situated 12 km far from Fier, near the village of Pojan. Apolonia was founded near 588 B.C. from a Corinthian & Corcyra community. In Roman times, Apolonia was a large prosperous city near the mouth of Vjosa River. A number of important objects & parts of Roman city center are opened to the public. In the ancient city of Apolonia, there is an ancient mosaic with particular values for the visitor, which shows the Achilles image. Unfortunately, some of the statues & other portable objects were removed before 1946 & sent to other countries. The museum of Apolonia is situated on the site of the 13th century Monastery. In the courtyard of the monastery, there is a Byzantine style church of the 14th century. In the afternoon, arrival in Gjirokastra. Accommodation at a nice hotel in the city center.
Gjirokastra – the “Stone City”, situated in the southern part of Albania only 1 hour far from Saranda city, on the eastern slope of mountain Mali i Gjere. It is a commercial center in South Albania, it produces foodstuffs, leather, and textiles. There are several 18th-century mosques and churches and an old citadel (rebuilt in the 19th cent.) in the town. Dating probably from the 4th cent., Gjirokastër passed to the Turks in the 15th cent. It was captured (1811) by Ali Pasha and was the center (late 1800s) of anti-Turkish resistance. In World War II it was occupied by Italy, Greece, and Germany in succession. What strikes the visitors most in Gjirokastra are its typical and characteristic houses which resemble little fortresses, clustered one above the other. Their exterior combines roughness with the beauty of windows, small rooms and light pillars supporting the roofs protruding from the walls. The most attractive feature is the stone which has been masterfully elaborated by the builders. Once Gjirokastra has been called the “city of one thousand steps” or “the stone city”.Typical local Dinner in a charming hotel with folk music. Free time to enjoy the stone city.
– This morning, after the breakfast, we will drive an interesting route through unspoiled nature & deep valleys full of color & contrasts. This is the route from Gjirokastra – Permet to Korca. On the way short brakes to enjoy the scenery & taste the local fresh food. Arrival in Korca in the afternoon. City sightseeing & visit of National Museum of Medieval Arts. Accommodation at cozy hotel. The dinner tonight will be served in a typical local restaurant. Free time for persona adventure
– This morning our tour will proceed through Pogradec towards Tirana the Capital. On the way visit of the city of Elbasan situated in the middle of Albania with a long history. City sightseeing & visit of the Castle of Elbasan. Arrival in Tirana & accommodation at hotel. Free time to enjoy the city on your own.This evening the dinner will be serve in a nice private restaurant. Back to hotel late in the evening.
After breakfast free time. Midday departure to the Airport of Tirana, end of the services.
- • Modern bus & English speaking guide throughout the program
- • English speaking guides for :
- City sightseeing of Tirana
- City sightseeing of Shkodra
- City sightseeing of Kruja
- City sightseeing of Durres
- City sightseeing of Berat
- City sightseeing of Gjirokastra
- City sightseeing of Korca
- City sightseeing of Elbasan
- • Entrance Fees :
- National Historical Museum in Tirana
- Castle & Scanderbeg’s Museum in Kruja
- Rozafa Fortress & Ethnographic museum in Shkodra
- Amphitheatre in Durres
- Berati Fortress & Onuri’s museum in Berat
- Fortress & Zakati’s house museum in Gjirokastra
- National Museum of Medieval Art & Gallery of famous painter V Mio in Korca